Further Information: AusCERT Certificate Service Repository
AusCERT Certificate Services (AusCERT-CS) powered by Comodo offers Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea education and research organisations certificates for a wide variety of uses including web servers (SSL), software (code signing) and people (S/MIME).
AusCERT Certificate Service offers educational and research organisations certificates on a per annum basis at competitive rates. For further details see the Price Schedule. Subscription level is based on organisation size, with every level of subscription in the Certificate Service granted the provision of all types of PKI certificates listed below. Certificate policies for certificates included in the service are detailed in Appendix D of AusCERT CS Certification Practice Statement and Certificate Policy.
Types of certificates available
Three types of certificates are supported:
Server Certificates - for authenticating servers and establishing secure sessions with end clients. These include: Single Server Organisation Validated (OV) SSL Certificates, Single Server OV Wildcard SSL Certificates, SGC SSL Certificates, SGC Wildcard Certificates, SAN certificates, MDC SSL Certificates (up to 100 domains) and UC SSL Certificates (up to 100 domains). Note that these SSL certificates can only be used for non-financial transactions. EV SSL certificates are also included and may be used for financial transactions.
Personal Certificates - for identifying individual users, secure e-mail communications and for authentication to applications. Two identification levels are available. Standard indicates the individual is a member of the organisation. High indicates the individual has passed a 100 point identity check.
Code-signing Certificates - for authenticating software distributed over the Internet.
EV SSL Server Certificates
EV SSL Server Certificates are available through the Certificate Service Manager. Unlimited EV SSL certificates are included in the annual fee. For more details see the EV SSL FAQ.
Subscribers to the AusCERT Certificate Service are provided access to the Certificate Service Manager (CSM), from which all activities of certificate management are conducted.
Please review all available support options before requesting email or telephone support. These include:
FAQ - EV SSL Certificates
S/MIME certificate issues
AusCERT CS Certificate Types and Use Cases
- It is important to select the right SSL/TLS certificate for your requirements.
Procedure for domain approval
- Procedure that AusCERT will follow to verify that the participant organisation is in control of a domain (or public IP address) before approval and delegation in CSM.
FAQ - Code-signing certificates
FAQ - Certificate Service Manager (CSM)
AusCERT Certificate Services FAQ
- This page provides answers to some of the most frequently asked technical questions about AusCERT Certificate Services
EV-SSL Certificate application process
- The process for obtaining EV-SSL certificates involves a little more work than obtaining ordinary SSL certficates.
Read on to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
AusCERT Certificate Service Repository
AusCERT CS Price Schedule
- The new subscription model for the AusCERT Certificate Service increases the accessibility and equity of the service, with unlimited certificates of all types available to subscribers at any level.
Attacks on Certificate Authorities and Registration Authorities
Change SSL certificate formats
AusCERT CS Roadshow - rollout of the Certificate Service Manager
SSL certificate issues for servers
- This includes issues about how to generate CSRs and installing certificates on various servers.
AusCERT CS product and system support
Domain approval and domain control validation
AusCERT Certificate Service
- Three types of certificates are supported - SSL, code signing and personal certificates. EV SSL certificates are available for a separate fee.
Certificate Service News
AusCERT CS Information Support
denotes AusCERT member only content.