-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
AUSCERT Security Bulletin
Wireshark 1.4.4 released
10 March 2011
AusCERT Security Bulletin Summary
Operating System: UNIX variants (UNIX, Linux, OSX)
Impact/Access: Execute Arbitrary Code/Commands -- Remote with User Interaction
Denial of Service -- Remote with User Interaction
CVE Names: CVE-2011-0713 CVE-2011-0538
Member content until: Saturday, April 9 2011
A number of vulnerabilities have been identified in Wireshark prior to
version 1.4.4. 
The following vulnerabilities were corrected: 
- "a free an uninitialized pointer while reading a malformed pcap-ng file"
- "a large packet length in a pcap-ng file could crash Wireshark"
- "Wireshark could overflow a buffer while reading a Nokia DCT3 trace file"
- "Wireshark on 32 bit systems could crash while reading a malformed 6LoWPAN packet"
- "the LDAP and SMB dissectors could overflow the stack"
- "large LDAP Filter strings can consume excessive amounts of memory"
Wireshark 1.4.4 has been released to correct these vulnetabilities. 
 MAC-LTE, ENTTEC, and ASN.1 BER vulnerabilities in Wireshark version
 Get Wireshark
AusCERT has made every effort to ensure that the information contained
in this document is accurate. However, the decision to use the information
described is the responsibility of each user or organisation. The decision to
follow or act on information or advice contained in this security bulletin is
the responsibility of each user or organisation, and should be considered in
accordance with your organisation's site policies and procedures. AusCERT
takes no responsibility for consequences which may arise from following or
acting on information or advice contained in this security bulletin.
Australian Computer Emergency Response Team
The University of Queensland
Internet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facsimile: (07) 3365 7031
Telephone: (07) 3365 4417 (International: +61 7 3365 4417)
AusCERT personnel answer during Queensland business hours
which are GMT+10:00 (AEST).
On call after hours for member emergencies only.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----