//Member information - 25 Mar 2021
Membership Services Overview
AusCERT provides member organisations with proactive and reactive advice and solutions to current threats and vulnerabilities.
We’ll help you prevent, detect, respond and mitigate cyber-based attacks. As a not-for-profit security group based at The University of Queensland, AusCERT delivers 24/7 service to members alongside a range of comprehensive tools to strengthen your cyber security strategy.
In summary, our services include:
- Incident Support – Assists your organisation to detect, interpret and respond to attacks from around the world. Includes access to our highly skilled team of analysts and developers who are available through email, Slack or a 24/7 hotline.
- Phishing Takedown – Designed to help your organisation with targeted phishing, spear phishing and whaling attacks.
- Security Bulletins – Provides information on threats and vulnerabilities affecting a range of platforms, applications and devices.
- Security Incident Notifications – Customised composite security report containing incident notifications relevant to your organisation’s domains and IP ranges. Proactively informs about security incidents affecting your organisation’s data, systems or networks.
- Sensitive Information Alert – Alert notification for sensitive material and breached credentials found online by our analyst team which specifically targets your organisation.
- Early Warning SMS – Receive SMS notifications for the most critical security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Malicious URL Feed – AusCERT provides a list of active phishing, malware, malware logging or mule recruitment web sites which can added to your firewall blacklist.
- Member benefits to attend the annual AusCERT conference, the oldest information security conference in Australia. Further details are available here: https://conference.auscert.org.au/
Below is our Membership Services Overview document which provides further details about each service.